Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Big in Japan

One of the things I love about having an online business is the opportunity to make contacts with people in many other countries. So far, I have had the pleasure of doing business with many European countries, Australia, and more recently Japan. In fact, this past month I had a surge of orders from Japan for some of my EC-related items such as our Continuum Family baby gowns, diaper belts, and split crotch pants. I found out through one of my Japanese customers that she is going to be one of the main presenters at an upcoming EC conference entitled "Babies do not need diapers -Quest for the lost physical abilities of human body" on November 2nd at Tsuda College and she wanted to have some of my supplies available for people interested. How exciting is that?! I was also able to facilitate a connection between this customer and Christine Gross-Loh, author of The Diaper Free Baby, as they both live in Japan. I had the song "I'm Big in Japan" by Tom Waits running through my head all day after that... :)

Update: Here's a picture she sent me after the conference of her makeshift EC store:


1 comment:

mountainannie said...

This was really cool! How did their event go, did they say?